Good teachers teach what they have been taught.
Wise teachers teach what they have learned.
Open Floor International (OFI) is a creative collaboration of seasoned movement teachers from all corners of the planet.
Most of us grew up on the dance floor with Gabrielle Roth and consider her one of our most honored teachers. We have also studied with many other brilliant pioneers of movement, meditation, body psychotherapy and healing arts – and been deeply informed by their radical, grounded wisdom.
Now, as new "elders" in the field ourselves, we are joining together to share what we have learned. Our inquiry has been simple:
- Why have dance practices exploded around the world in the past decade?
- How and why do people heal through movement, no matter what the practice?
- What are the healthy human hungers that are expressed and met in the simple act of dancing – alone, in classes, in flash mobs, in community?
- What are the universal principles underlying all conscious movement disciplines? What is our common ground?
- What is the common good being generated by this simple act of collective embodied self expression?
These ongoing creative conversations are at the center of Open Floor International.
Kopiert von openfloor.org